We know that Women do not enter into abusive relationships knowingly. The abuse happens after the relationship is formed.
Some of the warning signs could be...
- Partner/boyfriend checking or looking at your phone/facebook.
- Partner/boyfriend telling you what to and what not to wear – he may explain he does not want other men/guys to look at you
- Partner/boyfriend tells you who and who not to speak to – he may explain that he wants to spend as much or all of his time with you.
- Partner/boyfriend accuses you of looking at/flirting with other men.
- Partner/boyfriend limits your time with your friends and family.
- Partner/boyfriend checks up on you – who you are with and where you are.
These signs early in a relationship are alarm bells. No one has the right to control you or try and tell you what to do.
Please contact Taupo Women's Refuge for advice and support - 07 377 1055