TAUPŌ COMMUNITY FOODBANK
Emergency assistance for a food parcel.
The Foodbank service is free although, when you are able, we ask that you give back to the Foodbank.
The Taupō Community Foodbank service offers:
- A listening ear
- Assist with an entitlement to a food parcel
- Guarantee to confidentiality
- Network with other agencies only with your permission
WEEKLY, MONTHLY & ANNUAL INITIATIVES
- Approaches by Youth services are encouraged when fund raising for spare produce
- Past clients and the public are invited to bake goods, make jams - when required food bank may be able to offer some ingredients
- Member of the Taupō Civil Defence welfare team
- Emergency bins are filled and distributed to our local poly tech for their students
- The Taupō Community Food bank distributes Christmas presents to children who may not otherwise receive any gifts. Christmas baskets are also made up for the elderly who may be on their own or have no family in Taupō at Christmas with special treats for them. In December 2020, Taupō Community Food bank coordinator and volunteers sent out 515 gifts and distributed 40 Christmas hampers.
Taupō Community Foodbank receives referrals from:
- Self or Family Referrals
- Salvation Army Corps
- Work & Income
- Taupō Budget Advisory Service
- Social Services
- Health Services
- Victim Support
WHAT TO BRING
It can help if you can bring the following:
- A referral from an agency
- Receipt of payments
- Latest receipt of food purchased
- Current bank balance
- A list of items you require
- You will be interviewed to assess your needs
SUPPORT OUR WORK & DONATE
Help us help our community. Every little bit helps.
Please phone Megan the Food bank coordinator on 07 377 1507 or email her at email@example.com for help or to offer your support through volunteering or donating.
Please donate food by dropping it off at any of these points;
Pak n Save
Monetary donations are gratefully accepted and receipts can be given for tax purposes.
If you wish to be a regular donor we can arrange an automatic payment.
Click on the DONATE button or email firstname.lastname@example.org