TAUPŌ COMMUNITY FOODBANK
Emergency assistance for a food parcel.
The Foodbank service is free although, when you are able, we ask that you give back to the Foodbank.
The Taupō Community Foodbank service offers:
- A listening ear
- Assist with an entitlement to a food parcel
- Guarantee to confidentiality
- Network with other agencies only with your permission
WEEKLY, MONTHLY & ANNUAL INITIATIVES
- Approaches by Youth services are encouraged when fund raising for spare produce
- Past clients and the public are invited to bake goods, make jams - when required food bank offer ingredients
- Member of the Taupō Civil Defence welfare team
- Bread/Vegetable and Excess Donations are dropped to the Salvation Army Shops for members of the public to access freely
- Emergency bins are filled and distributed to four local schools with breakfast and lunch items
- Volunteers check and replenish bins each school term
- The Taupō Community Food bank distributes Christmas presents to children who may not otherwise receive any gifts. Christmas baskets are also made up for the elderly who may be on their own or have no family in Taupō at Christmas with special treats for them. In December 2011, Taupō Community Food bank coordinator and volunteers sent out 524 gifts, distributed 128 Christmas hampers and dispensed $2000 meat vouchers to families via requests from Taupō Social Services.
Taupō Community Foodbank receives referrals from:
- Self or Family Referrals
- Salvation Army Corps
- Work & Income
- Taupō Budget Advisory Service
- Social Services
- Health Services
- Victim Support
WHAT TO BRING
It can help if you can bring the following:
- A referral from an agency
- Receipt of payments
- Latest receipt of food purchased
- Current bank balance
- A list of items you require
- You will be interviewed to assess your needs
SUPPORT OUR WORK & DONATE
Help us help our community. Every little bit helps.
Please phone Megan the Food bank coordinator on 07 377 1507 or email her at Megan@awhina.org.nz for help or to offer your support through volunteering or donating.
Please donate food by dropping it off at any of these points;
Pak n Save
Monetary donations are gratefully accepted and receipts can be given for tax purposes.
If you wish to be a regular donor we can arrange an automatic payment.
Click on the DONATE button or email Megan@awhina.org.nz